Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Gorillaz and Megatouch



A couple months back I went to an AMI Entertainment also known as Megatouch presentation on Full Sail's campus.  It was very interesting and helpful.  One of the little tidbits that the presenters shared was to have a picture of yourself on your website so people you met at a conference or what not would remember you by face.  At the time I started making these I had been looking at a lot of Gorillaz inspired artwork.  I love that style and the way that they are able to incorporate live action, 2d and 3d elements.  Since I'm an introvert and a bit uncomfortable plastering my mug all over stuff I thought I'd meet the challenge half way and at least draw a semi-realistic interpretation of myself in a Gorillaz style.

I've gotten a lot of positive responses from them, but some negative ones as well.  It seems to be a bit more polarizing than my traditional game art.  If you're checking this out I'd definitely be interested in hearing your thoughts, good or bad especially since I have a couple more in the works that will be incorporating some 3D models.

P.S. - the cats are mine and the black one, Grace, only has one eye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment