Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Letting Go of an Old Project




I revisited my old Brooklyn Banks scene after about a year; I wanted to add the edge detection shader that I've been playing around with, and loving, to see how it would affect the scene and I wanted to add environment fog to the scene, which I believe is new to UDK (within the year) to improve the atmospheric perspective.  I was thinking about going back and improving models, textures, normal maps, etc. since I feel like I've learned so much since I started this, but I think it is beyond fixing.  It was my first real game environment and I think that there is just too much to fix to make any significant improvements.  It kills me inside, but I know I have to do it and move on, make better projects and continue learning.  I did like how the environment fog and shader came out though and so I thought I would post a couple screen shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment